[Foundation-l] Request for your input: biographies of living people

Ting Chen wing.philopp at gmx.de
Tue Mar 3 09:54:52 UTC 2009

Aude schrieb:
>> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 2:25 AM, Ting Chen <wing.philopp at gmx.de> wrote:
>>

>>> Back to BLP. Personally I think that the policies we have related to
>>> BLPs are enough, but maybe we should be put more resource in the
>>> inforcement of these policies. The meetings Philipp mentioned in Germany
>>> are a very good start point. Perhaps the foundation can help organize
>>> such OTRS-training-meetings in the US (because the lack of a US chapter)
>>> and other countries, just as a beginning. Later we maybe we can see how
>>> we can expand this to more regions and countries. We should also
>>> encourage more people to work and help on OTRS and give them due support.
>>>
>>> Ting
>>>

> Regarding putting more resources into enforcement of BLP policies, what
> resources are you talking about?  I have seen problems reported to the BLP
> and other noticeboards, with no response or inadequate responses from admins
> and editors.

Regarding more resource I think here at first point to encourage more
people to work for OTRS, other possibility is hire more people dedicated
for such and similar tasks from the foundation, if our financial
situation allows us to do that. There could also be still other
possibilities, from local communities for example. Naturally for all of
us (except the foundation employees) this is a hobby and the real life
has priority.

Ting