[Foundation-l] Request for your input: biographies of living people

Aude audevivere at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 08:41:37 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 2:25 AM, Ting Chen <wing.philopp at gmx.de> wrote:

> Back to BLP. Personally I think that the policies we have related to
> BLPs are enough, but maybe we should be put more resource in the
> inforcement of these policies. The meetings Philipp mentioned in Germany
> are a very good start point. Perhaps the foundation can help organize
> such OTRS-training-meetings in the US (because the lack of a US chapter)
> and other countries, just as a beginning. Later we maybe we can see how
> we can expand this to more regions and countries. We should also
> encourage more people to work and help on OTRS and give them due support.
>
> Ting

I am a newer OTRS volunteer and am hesitant on handling tickets, except for
the very easiest ones, because I'm not totally sure how to handle them.  I
did ask some questions a couple months ago on the OTRS mailing list about
handling tickets, but never got a satisfactory response.

A training workshop would be a welcome opportunity to raise questions and
really understand better how to help on OTRS in a way that reading the
online documentation can't/doesn't provide.  A meeting in the US would be
fine, but also something at Wikimania and/or if there are other regional
wiki conferences.

-Aude

Aude