[Foundation-l] Cabal?

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 23:32:02 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 8:43 PM, Chris Down
<neuro.wikipedia at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Can anyone shed some light on whether this is even feasible? I really don't
> see how it could possibly be construed as being such.

It would be great if it were feasible, but the thing as it stands is
ludicrous. As others have already mentioned:
1. If, in some way, WMF was actually doing this, they (we?) would be
announcing it loudly, not keep it secret, and
2. If, in some way, WMF was actually doing this and trying to keep it
secret, it would still be impossible to hire 'thousands' of academic
people and not have the thing be spilled by _some of them_. No secret
conspiracy that size remains secret that long.

André Engels, andreengels at gmail.com