[Foundation-l] Request for your input: biographies of living people

Lennart Guldbrandsson wikihannibal at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 13:25:02 UTC 2009

> Thomas Dalton wrote
> I've just looked at a BLP and nowhere can I see an guidance on how to
> complain. I suggest a "Report a problem with this article" link to
> added to the sidebar of all articles as a mailto link to the
> appropriate OTRS address.

Another way to deal with this is to print small business cards "how to":s
and distribute them to people who have this problem. Something like this:

"So, your Wikipedia entry is wrong? Here's how to fix it in three easy
steps:

1) If the problem is vandalism, feel free to remove it directly by clicking
"edit", delete the text and click "save",
2) if not, click on the talk page, click on the plus sign and describe the
problem there (be polite),
3) if nothing happens in two days, click on the "contact Wikipedia" link to
your left and then click on "report an error".

But keep in mind that Wikipedia strives for verifiable facts, so any sources
that can back up your claims will help your matter to be handled more
promptly.

Best wishes!"

This seems to work for the companies I have lectured for anyway.

/Lennart

--
Lennart Guldbrandsson, chair of Wikimedia Sverige and press contact for
Swedish Wikipedia // ordförande för Wikimedia Sverige och presskontakt för