[Foundation-l] How was the "only people who averaged two edits a week in the last six months can vote" rule decided?

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 09:33:06 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 5:28 PM, Gerard
Meijssen<gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> When we have consensus on that one, someone has to count them.. So what
> piority do we give it and, what do we bumb down the list ? Alternatively who
> is volunteering to write the necessary software anyway and how are we going
> to get it operational ??

I have been developing a python library that does the mailing list
analysis, grouping together posts from the same user that were sent
with different email addresses, etc.  and doing stats.

Those stats can be published monthly onto meta.

I think the easiest method of converting this into suffrage is to have
a special list where people can be added when they have been granted
suffrage for extra-ordinary reasons.  At election time we inform
people who dont qualify via normal means to check the various
extra-ordinary suffrage criteria, such as their mail stats, and notify
the election committee if they qualify.  The election committee would
then add the person to the special list.

--
John Vandenberg