[Foundation-l] Analysis of statistics

Nikola Smolenski smolensk at eunet.yu
Sun Jul 26 07:53:10 UTC 2009

Дана Sunday 26 July 2009 07:22:06 Henning Schlottmann написа:
> Mark Williamson wrote:
> > Do you have data to back this up? For the record, I'll be 20 in August
> > and the main areas I edited were pages about cultures, countries, and
> > languages since I was about 15.
>
> Great. And I never denied that prodigy kids exist, but they are few -
> just think of how many of your class mates did like you. And they will
> find Wikipedia on their own, we don't need to recruit them.

I don't see why would someone who is 15 and writing about countries be called
a prodigy. The boy was simply writing about something he was interested in.
And on srwiki at least I also notice that young contributors are writing
about a variety of topics - sure, not quantum physics, but pretty much
anything else.