[Foundation-l] Analysis of statistics

Pavlo Shevelo pavlo.shevelo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 10:48:16 UTC 2009

> Pavlo, just try not to think synchronically. A teenager in her or his
> 17 is probably interested more in music than in nuclear physics, but
> just in two years she or he may be a valuable contributor in that
> scientific field. And I think that it is clever to invest time and
> energy even in 12 years old persons.
>
> Also, many of teenagers are interested in being a part of the "world
> of mature people" and they are giving a strong contribution to various
> scientific fields. Not to talk about constant battles against vandals.

Milos, don't blame me in that what I'm not doing.
I know, that I'm narrow-minded to certain extent (as all of us are :)
) but not as much as you think so describe me :))

Let me illustrate by example:
I started to invest good portion of my time into comforting 11 (!)
years old boy despite the fact that his usage of "be bold" rule to
several most popular templates was like hurricane that not each vandal
may create :)

> 17 is probably interested more in music than in nuclear physics, but
> just in two years she or he may be a valuable contributor in that
> scientific field.

Let's be realistic (though not cynical ;) ):

1. Far not in two years - not less than in 10 years. Will we be
satisfied by popmusics/games-pedia until than +2-3 years (to create
articles);
2. She or he may and may not became contributor in some scientific
field. If she/he will see work of elders (in best - eventually pass
the aprenticeship under control of master) during all these years it
will increase both that probability to became and quality of future
contribution.

> Also, many of teenagers are interested in being a part of the "world
> of mature people"

Oh well, so we do need that "world of mature people" existing NOW, not
that it will born in future if (!) youngsters will stay in it long
enough being leaved on themselves.