[Foundation-l] Analysis of statistics

Pavlo Shevelo pavlo.shevelo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 09:26:21 UTC 2009

Well, well, well

> ... even if your
> observations are true

Not so bad for the beginning: you can suggest that my observations
might be correct.
By the way, when I wrote "Face the facts!" I meant (and still mean)
observations first of all.

> ... You are cynical, and ...
> your conclusions are wrong.

Would you please be so kind as to concentrate on weaknesses of my
conclusions, but not on you personal judgement about my personality?

I have doubts that you grasped my conclusions (maybe because I
missed/failed in clear explanation provisioning) so let me  put
everything once again:

1) Observation as survey (summary) of facts was (and still is):

Teenagers (age between 13-20 roughly) are most active in articles
about entertainment (movies, musical bands, computer games etc.) but
neither in articles on science & technology nor articles regarding
museums, literature (but Harry Potter and likes) etc.

As it could be easily seen (from all this discussion and beyond) it's
far not only my point.

2) Conclusion:
If we are serious in
"Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in
the sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment."
(are we?)
we should attract people of other (older) ages as they are able to
contribute that part of "sum of all knowledge" which is out of
teenager's activity focus right now.

What is wrong (and what is cynical, by the way) in that conclusion?
I'm not saying that this conclusion could not be wrong, but please be
specific versus just putting "Wrong!" label.

I'm aware that this conclusion could help (serve) only as part of
solution but not the complete solution.

So? :)