[Foundation-l] Dispute resolution mailing list

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 20:15:41 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Cary Bass<cary at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Mailing lists don't get opened by mailing list discussions

Hm. I also filed a request on mediazilla, which was automatically
assigned to you.

> and the "largely positive" responses you received were neither > numerous nor meritorious of creating yet another list whose
> function has been duplicated in other locations.
> I could determine neither consensus based on your email nor a > pressing need for this list.

This could have been expressed by you earlier on the wikien-l list,
where you do occasionally participate. I disagree with all of it, but
I could not say anything about it, because you did not express it in
any way.

>  I also emailed the English functionaries-l list to see if someone > would provide corroboration that the project merited such an
> email list.

I cannot access functionaries-l. That means that your communications
there, in addition to being "private," were also "unwiki" -
considering we were discussing it openly on wikien-l and mediazilla.

> The only responses I have received were private ones
> suggesting it would result in another layer of bureaucracy, and > nobody on list.

If you could either forward these emails to me, or else summarize
their criticisms here, that would be wonderful.

(continued..)

-Steven