[Foundation-l] strategic planning IRC office hours

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 06:19:59 UTC 2009

A related question - I see there was a request to set up a new domain, "
strategy.wikimedia.org"

What would this new site be for?  New single-purpose wikis can flounder
after distracting people with setting up basic infrastructure (userpages,
handy community gathering points) and tend to segment the community in a way
that discourages broad participation.

Meta has been used for strategic planning since the beginning, and has
attracted a pool of editors sympathetic to this sort of vision creation and
consensus building.

SJ