[Foundation-l] National Portrait Gallery

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 13:31:12 UTC 2009

2009/7/18 Yann Forget <yann at forget-me.net>:
> geni wrote:
>> 2009/7/18 John at Darkstar <vacuum at jeb.no>:

>>> Sorry, I don't follow you on this one. If the existing business model
>>> don't work and it should be changed, then work with them to change it
>>> and make the alternate options viable.

>> We do not have the capacity to raise sufficient funds to make it a
>> worthwhile business model.

> How do you know that?

Not out of our pockets directly, anyway.

But helping them lobby for better funding from sources other than
copyright claims on public domain works is absolutely in our interest
as well as theirs. If we can set up such a program, we could plausibly
help do something very financially efficient in terms of what we'd put
into it. We already have lots of volunteers who would be very keen to
help any way they can with such programs.

- d.