[Foundation-l] Bridgeman v. Corel

Klaus Graf klausgraf at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 17 22:48:22 UTC 2009

I do not think that WMF should betray the Public Domain. The largest
possible resolution is good enough for scholars and people who wish to
explore the heritage items. Please note that Wikimedia Commons is not
an illustration appendix for Wikipedia but an multimedia repository.

The UK mainstream interpretation of UK copyright law is simply wrong
as the NY judge of Bridgeman v. Corel has shown. I would think that
any compromise damaging the Public Domain would be the wrongest step
one can think.

Klaus Graf