[Foundation-l] A heads up

Petr Kadlec petr.kadlec at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 20:48:16 UTC 2009

2009/7/16 Robert Rohde <rarohde na gmail.com>:
> Making many languages available is a good thing, but formatting the
> page to highlight a user declared preference would usually also be a
> good thing.

Agreed. I have recently prepared a simple JS script to hide other
languages in the {{Picture of the day}} template. (You can test it at
e.g. http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Neutrophil_with_anthrax_copy.jpg&withJS=MediaWiki:Collapse-Potd.js
– I plan to move it to Common.js soon, if no problems are reported.) I
believe similar behavior should be introduced to many other templates.
Obviously, in a perfect world, this would be a built-in behaviour of
MediaWiki, but unfortunately, I don’t think it is really feasible in a
foreseeable future…

-- [[cs:User:Mormegil | Petr Kadlec]]