[Foundation-l] About that "sue and be damned" to the National Portrait Gallery ...

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 19:32:08 UTC 2009

2009/7/11 Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>:
> You can't know that and it's not your place to guess. Just stay out of
> it unless Derrick asks for your help.

I think we can safely assume that the NPG it is not going to follow a
legal strategy that gives them a significant risk of facing millions
in legal bills. Due to the conventions of English law it is generally
unwise to overplay your hand when requesting damages.

As to staying out of it. As a private subject I'm pretty much free to
do whatever I like for the pretty obvious reason that if that was not
the case you would provide a great weapon for those wishing to cause
further problems for those threatened with lawsuits.

--
geni