[Foundation-l] The problem with native languages vs. the lingua franca

Pavlo Shevelo pavlo.shevelo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 13:14:33 UTC 2009

> ...he had to learn French and German well enough to read

I'd like to stress that he needed French *and* German meaning that in
any field of activity dominating lingua franca (or lingua anglica ) is
not the only foreign language that one will need to know in order to
really profess that field.

Even in computer sciences & engineering where  lingua anglica is
undisputable dominator in some (not so rare) cases one should beg
Google Translate to assist in grasping some article or forum posting
made in Spanish, German, French… (to name a few)