[Foundation-l] A chapters-related question

Thomas de Souza Buckup thomasdesouzabuckup at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 13:52:08 UTC 2009

Ilario,

you said:

> without an organization it's impossible to found
> a point of contact (for example there is no legal representatives).

I understand your concern, but in reality, there are many ways to determine
a point of contact "without an organization". For instance, "instead of
legal representatives, (in Brazil we'd have) task assigned peers". They
could be the point of contact too.

you also said:

> IMHO the case of Brazil can be a *type* of chapter (for example a first
> step) and not a different type of organization.

I agree with you. In Brazil we have the same mission as any other chapter.
Maybe it's a "first step" to become a chapter, but maybe it's a format for
the long-term to do the same as the any other chapters (promote Wikimedia
projects in a certain region). Shouldn't all types of chapters collaborate?

Thomas