[Foundation-l] [Fwd: A chapters-related question]

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 07:18:49 UTC 2009

I don't think we need to formalize these kinds of groups at all, unless they
want the same kind of official support that chapters get. The core of
Wikimedia is self-organizing, ad hoc groups, so what possible purpose would
it serve to build additional rules and conventions around them if they're
not asking for it already?

It's not that I think it's a definitively bad idea. I just don't think we
should create more organizational overheard unless we really need to. At the
moment, I don't see anyone asking for this kind of thing.

Steven