[Foundation-l] Sexual Content on Wikimedia

Marcus Buck me at marcusbuck.org
Fri Jan 30 15:58:49 UTC 2009

Sam Johnston hett schreven:
> Is it ever clear "that the depicted person agrees to the depiction"?

Well, it's not, but that's actually not a very useful point. I was never
in Cameroon. I have never met anybody from Cameroon. I have never seen
any obvious evidence that Cameroon really exists. And still I do not
question that there is a place like Cameroon. Why? Cause people say so.
If the uploader confirms that the subject of the image is not underage,
has consented to the image and to the upload, that's no evidence, but
it's still much more than requiring no confirmation at all.

We could require the uploader to give the name of the model for example
(by OTRS, not on the wiki). We could require confirmation of age and
consent, we could require an explicit identity by asking for a identity
card number or anything like that. We should require at least
_anything_. At the moment we assume good faith even if the probability
for good faith is marginal.

Marcus Buck