[Foundation-l] Wikia leasing office space to WMF

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 21:57:11 UTC 2009

2009/1/23 Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>:
> Hoi,
> Having an office close to the main office, having an environment that is
> shared with colleagues who way are sharing their impressive usability
> improvements are tangible benefits.

I agree, the issue is with how much you value them. They definitely
have a value, but I haven't, as yet, seem any attempt to quantify
that.

> The cost of the office space conforms to
> market rates.

Sure, but they don't conform to the cheapest rate. Any decision by a
charity to spend more money than is strictly necessary needs to be
justified. I'm not saying that it's unjustifiable, it just hasn't been
justified yet.