[Foundation-l] Re-licensing

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 22:24:48 UTC 2009

2009/1/22 Mike Godwin <mgodwin at wikimedia.org>:
> (BTW, one benefit of the licensing proposal is that it will be easier
> for Wikipedia and Citizendium to cross-fertilize each other.)

Nope. The "to clarify that attribution via reference to page histories
is acceptable if there are more than five authors." bit will mean that
it is imposable for wikipedia to take content from Citizendium without
Citizendium adopting some very strange TOS specifically for the
benefit of wikipedia which I would rather doubt it would do. Even that
would not make it possible to copy content on Citizendium to wikipedia
at the moment were the 5 names +URL proposal to be enacted.

--
geni