[Foundation-l] Re-licensing

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 20:53:19 UTC 2009

> I agree with Milos when he states in another thread that we need to
> think further about a solution that is satisfactory to a greater
> number of people, at least when it comes to standardizing attribution
> requirements with effective application to all past edits ever made.

Indeed. Perhaps our first step should be a non-binding straw poll with
a wide participation as possible (so using central notices and
BoardVote) to find out what people think of the various ideas that
have been proposed (some kind of preferential voting). Then we can
have a more constructive debate about the finer details once we have a
general idea of what the community wants. We can then have a binding
vote on a clear proposal. (We should also seek a variety of legal
opinions from a variety of jurisdictions regarding the legality of
various proposals.)