[Foundation-l] RfC: License update proposal

Mike Godwin mgodwin at wikimedia.org
Thu Jan 22 14:49:09 UTC 2009

Anthony writes:

> I can believe that you'd focus on such drivel rather than respond to
> the
> actual issues raised.

I try to focus *both* on your drivel *and* on the issues you raise. I
figure you wouldn't be so extreme in what you post if you didn't want
me to focus on it too.  Am I mistaken?

> Grow up, Mike.

Too late. At my advanced age, I take my fun where I can find it.

I think you and I both know that your whole business of saying there
are "over 100" versions of CC-BY-SA was an attempt to try to create
ambiguity and anxiety when there isn't really any. The computer
industry used to refer to this as FUD -- the spreading of Fear,
Uncertainty, and Doubt.  My reaction to FUD is normally to have fun
with the FUD-spreaders.

--Mike