[Foundation-l] Board resolutions (chapters)

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 13:47:22 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 4:35 AM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> What I said was that the NY chapter prevents an USA chapter. It would be
> obvious to have one such. With one in place, you can organise to your hearts
> content wherever you like.
> Thanks,

Two answers to this question:
1) WMNYC does prevent the creation of a separate WMUSA chapter. At the
moment the rule-of-thumb is that chapters cannot overlap. However, it
may be possible in the future if both groups agree to share space, but
we haven't had an issue like that and I can't imagine the benefit of
doing it that way.
2) It is possible that as participation grows, maybe WMNYC could grow
to become WMUSA over time. Maybe there are several sub-national
chapters that combine together to form a single national chapter, or
maybe the one chapter grows slowly to encompass more area. These are
just speculative possibilities, but it's worth noting that
sub-national chapters have these kinds of options.

--Andrew Whitworth