[Foundation-l] Board resolutions (chapters)

Guillaume Paumier guillom.pom at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 10:25:32 UTC 2009

Hello,

[it might be useful to move this topic to a dedicated thread if it goes on]

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> We hold an annual meeting between all chapters and WMF.
> Already, because of the number of chapters, it is recommanded that only
> one representant of all chapters come to the meeting. Needless to say,
> this limitation is going to largely damage the ability of this meeting
> to build anything.

May I ask some arguments to support this statement?

> Are sub-chapters going to have one representant as well ?

Yes. As you've already been told, they're not sub-chapters, they're
sub-national chapters.

> If that's the case, I suspect that we will soon have to abandon this
> annual meeting altogether, and will have to replace it by "region" meetings.

Yes, and this was considered during last year's meeting postmortem.

--
Guillaume Paumier
[[m:User:guillom]]