[Foundation-l] Wikipedia Attribution and Relicensing

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 01:40:45 UTC 2009

Erik Moeller wrote:
> 2009/1/16 Jussi-Ville Heiskanen <cimonavaro at gmail.com>:
>
>> I must be  a moron or at least functionally illiterate, since
>> I simply cannot parse the previous paragraph in a way
>> that makes logical sense.
>>

> :-)
>
> Imagine that:

> Unlikely? Perhaps - though some people say that the evil reptilian
> kitten eater takeover has already begun. The way around this is to
> formulate attribution requirements that do not require specific
> reference to Wikipedia, but only to the individuals who contributed
> the text.

This actually looks fairly good on the surface, if that would
in fact be all there was to it...

If there really was a superordinate goal of requiring
reference to the individuals who contributed the text,
I would be the first to applaud you, Erik. It seems though
that the _prospect_ of very speculative and indecisively
defined new ways of showing editors _on_ wikipedia
pages fringes (not requiring it downstream even), is
what is really concretely even hinted at...

So, come on... we just aren't buying the spiel.

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen