[Foundation-l] Language codes to rename

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 19:07:00 UTC 2009

Hoi,
You have no clue how much money has already been invested in Semantic
MediaWiki. This is not where the problem is. The problem is in having
capacity to evaluate what is there. The capacity to evaluate and integrate
functionality is key. It is for this reason that I am so happy that a tool
is being developed for the testing of extensions. This is intended to
automate some of the work and thereby make it easier to adopt extensions.

A scheme that I have been thinking of is: get us 50K$, split it between WMF
and SMW, have the WMF evaluate and assess code with SMW as its priority and
have SMW fix the issues that come up from the evaluation.

NB Five hundred dollars does not cut it. A *really *good commercial
programmer may bill you for this amount for a days work.
Thanks,
       GerardM