[Foundation-l] How to dismantle a language committee

Tomasz Ganicz polimerek at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 11:10:46 UTC 2009

2009/1/11 Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com>:

> So, there are two conclusions: (1) I may imagine the process which had
> happened in relation to EA approval: no one made any serious objection
> and it passed. (2) There are two LangCom members introduced better in
> the linguistic issues, so the expertise level is raised and I think
> that it will be raised more in the future.

Well, I think there should be not only computer-linguists experts like
Evertype in LangCom, but you desperately need people who have good
knowledge about culture, sociology and history of the main language
groups, or at least you should be ready to ask relevant outside
experts. I have a feeling that current LangCom completely ignores
historical and cultural background related to language problems which
is quite often a key to make resonable decissions.

--
Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/