[Foundation-l] GFDL Q&A update and question

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 08:27:29 UTC 2009

Hoi,
That is a bit simplistic. It takes a huge effort to create dumps. The dump
of the English language Wikipedia is even notoriously difficult to create.
It is for this reason easy to argue that the WMF has the copyright on the
collection. Given that it is a composite of separately copyrighted material
and given that there is no selection involved, the WMF may be insulated from
people objecting to material that is of interest to them being included.
That is however a different issue.
Thanks,
      GerardM