[Foundation-l] GFDL Q&A update and question

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 17:33:33 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 4:59 AM, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Mike & I have made some updates to the Q&A today:

I saw your answer. Thanks. "Transition period" began at the time of
announcing license migration up to the license migration; so, we are
in the transition period. Conservatively speaking, Wikimedia projects
shouldn't take any GFDL content from similar projects up to the time
when license conditions would be compatible [again] because according
to GFDL 1.3 conditions, no material made under the terms of GFDL can't
be added after [if I remember well] November 1st, 2008. While it
wouldn't be so big deal, it is good to have some official
recommendation like "if you want to do the same license migration,
please express your intention".