[Foundation-l] Fundraiser update

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 14:52:07 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 10:30 AM, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
> Calling it "a 23-people organization" suggests a growing chasm between
> the volunteers and the hired hands.

Well, I do indeed feel that chasm too, although perhaps it's more a
case of a felt distance between the foundation and the projects. When
I'm editing on Wikipedia or fighting vandals on wiktionary or
whatever, I don't feel I'm volunteering for the foundation. Rather, I
consider myself a volunteer of the project(s), and the only connection
I feel with the foundation in that is that I am working on the same
projects the foundation is supporting. I don't really, to be honest,
feel part of, or even closely connected to, the foundation as such.

André Engels, andreengels at gmail.com