[Foundation-l] Fundraiser update

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 04:59:57 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 6:29 PM, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
<snip>
> As a 23-people organization, it's clear that our communication efforts
> need to culminate in volunteer-driven efforts of both a proactive and
> reactive nature. That's already the case to a great degree (thanks to
> volunteers like yourself), and I hope that we will continue to improve
> in that regard.

In that regard, one thought I have had is to create an identified
place (on Meta for example) to solicit questions and feedback about
the fundraiser from potential donors (and community members) with
volunteers to respond.  In 2007, m:Talk:Fundraising_2007 sort of
played that role in an informal way.  Casey and I were among those who
answered questions there, but no similar forum seemed to develop this
year.  Being seen as open and responsive to concerns and criticism
(even if in a somewhat limited way) might help reduce the number of
people who are inclined to go off and rant in blogs and the like.  I
also see benefit in having a place for clueful community members to
answer the concerns of less clueful community members (like how does
one hide the banner).

-Robert Rohde