[Foundation-l] Fundraiser update

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Wed Jan 7 22:57:11 UTC 2009

Sorry Geni but you are totally wrong. Each year the Foundation asks for more
money than the year before, and each year the citizens of the world give it.

I challenge you to find 1% as many negative blog posts regarding the
fundraiser as there are positive comments left by donors.

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 8:52 AM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/1/7 Michael Bimmler <mbimmler at gmail.com>:

> >> It is also a opportunity to further annoy our readers. IT's pretty
> >> clear they don't like it
> >

> > and you know this because...?
>
> Because I run daily searches of blogs for the term wikipedia. Because
> complaints have turned up all over the place on wikipedia. Because or
> editors who also have to read the thing have gone so far as to have a
> gadget to get rid of it. Because adblock which targets banner ads
> among other things has 10,850,228 dowloads.
>
> Because people come to wikipedia to read articles rather than thankyou
> messages and taking up significant significant screen space with stuff
> readers don't want is not generally considered a way to maximize the
> level of like for your site.
>

> --
> geni

You have successfully failed!