[Foundation-l] Discussion for Licensing update

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Jan 7 04:28:03 UTC 2009

2008/12/30 Woojin Kim <kwj2772 at gmail.com>:
> 1. Which one will discussion (or vote) for migration to CC-BY-SA be held,
> globally, or locally?

The plan is for a global vote to be organized on Meta.

> 2. If vote will be held globally, when will vote start?

We haven't finalized the timetable yet but I hope we can move from a
proposal to an active vote between January 15 and mid-February.

I was on vacation over the holidays, but Mike & I will continue to
revise the Q&A over the next few days. We'll also present a first
draft "migration process proposal" to the Board this weekend.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation