[Foundation-l] Wikistats is back

Erik Zachte erikzachte at infodisiac.com
Fri Jan 2 19:38:56 UTC 2009

A week ago I published new wikistats files, for the first time in 7 months,
only to retract them 2 days later, when it turned out that counts for some
wikis were completely wrong. After some serious bug hunting I nailed the
creepy creature that had been hiding in an unexpected corner (most bugs find
refuge there and yet it is still the last place to look).

New files have been generated and uploaded for most projects. The wikistats
job for Wikipedia has another 10-12 days to go, but intermediate results
have been published, and I will refresh these every one or two days till new
counts for all Wikipedias are online (as always with English as exception).

For an explanation of what went wrong and direct links to new files see
http://infodisiac.com/blog/2008/12/wikistats-is-back/

Erik Zachte