[Foundation-l] Ombudsman commission

Michael Snow wikipedia at verizon.net
Fri Jan 2 16:00:10 UTC 2009

Eia wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A few days ago, the term for the ombudsman commission expired.
> Unfortunately, I missed an announcement about the commission for 2009. Could
> someone clarify who will be the 2009 members, and where the announcement
> (will be/is) made?

We're currently reevaluating the ombudsman commission as part of a
larger rethinking of the committee system that was established some
years ago, before the foundation had much in the way of staff or
structure. This will be a significant topic in our board meeting next
week, and I hope we can provide more information after the meeting.

In the meantime, if anyone would like to offer feedback, I would be very
happy to hear it. In particular, ideas or suggestions on what our needs
are and how best to satisfy them. I'm less interested in random
complaints about this or that committee, I think we're already aware of
most of the concerns that have been raised, although anyone who thinks
they know of a problem nobody has ever mentioned before is welcome to
contact me off-list. I'm more interested in analysis of how our
committees work, what their strengths and limitations are, what can be
reasonably expected of them, and how we should fill in the gaps.

--Michael Snow