[Foundation-l] Good news! Fundraiser officially passes 6m mark!

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 22:10:37 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 3:53 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/1/1 Sue Gardner <sgardner at wikimedia.org>:
>
>> To put that in context: In 2008-09, prior to the launch of the
>> fundraiser, we had received just under two million dollars in
>> donations and commitments from a mix of foundations, individual donors
>> and business development revenues. (That includes the 08-09 1m from
>> Sloan, which will arrive this month.)  Since its launch, the
>> fundraiser has brought in a little over four million dollars.  This
>> means we currently have received in 08-09 a total of 6.1 million
>> dollars, which will fully cover our projected 08-09 costs.
>

> Isn't there still another $1.9m needed to meet this year's planned budget?
>
> (This means: Keep going! Full steam ahead! All the way to January 10th!)

The total expense budget for 08-09 is only $6M, so we are already
fully funded for fiscal 08-09.  And that's not counting donor and
non-donor income still expected during the rest of fiscal 08-09.

We are going to exceed the revenue targets by a significant margin.
Moving to a thank you stance is an appropriate change.

-Robert Rohde