[Foundation-l] 31 august, 20 years of our national holiday "Our romanian language" in Moldova, mo.wikipedia still in cyrillic !

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 13:58:22 UTC 2009

2009/8/31 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:
> 2009/8/31 Cetateanu Moldovanu <cetateanumd at gmail.com>:
>
>> I said OUR, OUR country, OUR language, OUR latin script and alphabet. Please
>> respect us.
>

> If  by "respect" you mean "agree" and "do what I say" ... then I'm not
> surprised you have no insight as to why no-one cares about your
> request.

It's not an unreasonable request.

Moldovan normally refers to  the language of Moldova and is commonly
written in the Latin alphabet. It is by any reasonable standard
Romanian and this is accepted within Moldova.

Cyrillic Moldovan is a relic of soviet occupation outside of
Transnistria which depending on your POV is an ongoing russian
occupation or a valid if somewhat recently formed nation.

In either case useing the "mo" code for Cyrillic Moldovan is at best
inaccurate and at worse understandably highly offensive.

--
geni