[Foundation-l] Projekt: OpenCritics (let's free subjective content, too!!)

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 03:20:24 UTC 2009

People who want to write reviews of this sort generally want to
propagandize either for or against something they have strong
feelings about.  The susceptibility of a project like this to
campaigning and cabalism is so great, that i doubt a community run
project could maintain objectivity.  We have enough problem doing it
at Wikipedia when the avowed purpose is to NOT offer opinion.  I think
maintaining NPOV --or anything like it--in this situation will be
impossible.

I'd like to see someone try nevertheless. I certainly am not opposing
the project. But it should not be us--we should keep far away from
that.

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.