[Foundation-l] Expert board members - a suggestion

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 02:29:28 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Thomas Dalton<thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think part of the problem is that there were some odd ideas about
> how the Advisory Board would work. For example, it has a chair. I
> can't work out why. Why would the advisory board ever meet as a group?
> Being an expert is only of use if you are an expert in the subject
> being discussed. Individual members of the advisory board should be
[snip]

Presumably a chair can track membership and expertise and handle
routing messages to the relevant parties, participate with recruiting,
and otherwise act as an impedance match between the board proper and
the advisory board.  I'm not sure if that was what was envisioned, or
if chair is the best name for it, but I think that it's a reasonable
alternative to the sort of flat structure that you're describing.