[Foundation-l] Why can't we have $12.5 million for Wikispecies?

Andrew Leung andrewcleung at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 27 02:22:26 UTC 2009

I don't mind repeating again. EOL boasts to have large amount of images, but do you know that according to some of EOL's partner projects, EOL has not handled any data submitted by its partners for over a year ago? Yes, they do have lots and lots of images but many are simply sitting in a hard drive waiting for the page to be created so the images can be incorporated.

We're an active community, making progress and edging towards 200,000 articles very soon. What we need is not a proposal for deleting this project, but more publicity and contributors.

P.S. We're constantly looking for bot owners to retrieve data from various databases and create articles automatically (e.g. http://species.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Contributions&dir=prev&target=MonoBot)

Andrew

"Fill the world with children who care and things start looking up."