[Foundation-l] Omidyar Network Commits $2 Million Grant to Wikimedia Foundation

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Tue Aug 25 22:08:31 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 6:01 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/8/25 Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org>:
> > Occurring on the same day may imply "related" but it does not, beyond a
> > reasonable doubt, equal "sold".  If it did, we'd have a whole lot more
> > prostitution convictions.
>
> As I've already said, whether or not it was sold is irrelevant, it
> *looks* like it was sold, and that is a big problem.

"How can you have a Q&A on a topic like this that doesn't even address the
matter than you have sold a seat on the board?"

That's the comment I was referring to with my wife beating statement.

Anyway, I'd be much more concerned if the money had gone not to the
foundation, but to a board member's for-profit corporation.  Even if it is
quid-pro-quo, so what?  This ain't a community run foundation, people.

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 6:02 PM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Anthony<wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> > Occurring on the same day may imply "related" but it does not, beyond a
> > reasonable doubt, equal "sold".  If it did, we'd have a whole lot more
> > prostitution convictions.
>
> ... it could be reliably determined, but I don't think anyone is going
> to give Kohs 2million dollars to spend on a seat.

 You really think they'd give it to him?