[Foundation-l] New projects opened

Kaare Olsen kaare at nightcall.dk
Fri Aug 21 22:42:03 UTC 2009

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 18:35:03 +0200
Svip <svippy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I much appreciate the effort.  And it is possible that the Danish
> localisation is in better shape than last time I checked (which was a
> little over a year ago).

I know several people have worked on it, on and off, but proof-reading
should certainly be a requirement before messages are going live.  This
should weed out the cases of non-native speakers contributing machine
translations.

> I'd love if the Danish Wikipedia was close or en par with the English
> Wikipedia.  Not in quantity, but in quality.  At least on the Danish
> specific articles.  Unfortunately, there is a lack of motivation from
> potential Danish editors (like myself).
[...]

My motivation was the opposite.  It was the low quality back in the day
which made me move to the Danish language Wikipedia.  Lots and lots of
sub stubs had been importet from a similar project, a few people were
trying to rewrite history, and there were not enough editors to fight
vandalism.

Speaking of quality, I tend to have more hits than misses in the German
language Wikipedia compared to the English one, when I'm looking at
subjects a bit outside the mainstream (inside mainstream it seems equal).

--
Regards, Kaare