[Foundation-l] Lack of research on Wikipedia

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Thu Aug 20 16:23:54 UTC 2009

David Gerard wrote:

> Yes, completely. Do other Wikipedias show the same S-curve of growth?

I don't think it's an S-curve. I think we are seeing linear
growth, with a few exceptions in the very early days (years).
But hey, that's growth in the number of articles.  We shouldn't
focus on the number of articles, but on the overall usefulness.

Day 1: Create article "Apple is a fruit".
Day 2: Create article "Pear is a fruit".
Day 3: Extend article about apples. Add photos. Cite sources.

Day 3: Zero growth in the number of articles. Panic!!!

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)