[Foundation-l] mediawiki/ IRC cloaks now available

Sean Whitton sean at silentflame.com
Sun Aug 16 14:10:55 UTC 2009

Hi,

By popular demand, mediawiki/ cloaks are now available for all
developers with access to commit to svn. There will probably be future
exceptions made if we have lots of artists and translators who want to
get cloaks too but initially we're using this as an indicator of
contributions.

To get such a cloak, make an edit somewhere on mediawiki.org saying "I
am [[User:Xyz]] and my nick on IRC is xyz". Your userpage is a good
choice. You can then revert this edit and then send a link to the diff
to one of the IRC Group Contacts when you request your cloak. This is
anyone of seanw, Rjd0060, kibble or dungodung on IRC. Please check
idle times and contact one who is active. Once they have confirmed
your access and identity (you'll need to state your on-wiki username
on IRC too and be identified to NickServ) you'll be cloaked with
mediawiki/On-Wiki-Username or MediaWiki/On-Wiki-Username (your
choice).

The reason this has taken so long to come through is because we were
waiting on our developer to add features to verify this sort of cloak
automatically to the cloak request system. Unfortunately we seem to
have lost touch with him so are switching to doing all cloaks
manually.

Sean Whitton / <sean at silentflame.com>
OpenPGP KeyID: 0x25F4EAB7