[Foundation-l] Report to the Board April 2009

Veronique Kessler vkessler at wikimedia.org
Wed Aug 12 00:12:44 UTC 2009

Your comment is very timely.  We are, and have been, thinking about the
best solution regarding extra money.  First, we want to consider an
appropriate "reserve" amount, i.e. this can range from 3 months of
expenses for some organizations to 2 years for others.  So, we are
discussing this; there are lots of theories of the perfect amount.
Beyond that, we are considering things like investment strategy, the
creation of an endowment, etc.-things that can help towards ongoing
financial sustainability.

Veronique