[Foundation-l] Update on struck votes issue on SecurePoll

Sage Ross ragesoss+wikipedia at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 14:13:53 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 10:02 AM, Rjd0060<rjd0060.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 9:49 AM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 3:34 AM, Philippe
>> Beaudette<pbeaudette at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>> > Earlier today a number of adjustments were made to votes which had
>> > been previously struck in the election for Wikimedia Board of
>> > Trustees.  We believe the votes that are still struck are validly
>> > struck; if there is a dispute, any user is encouraged to contact the
>> > Election Committee (board-elections at lists.wikimedia.org) or any member
>> > personally for clarification.
>>
>> Is there any reason why some, but not all, super-seeded votes have
>> also been struck?
>>
>> There are a number of cases, but picking one I know personally,
>>
>> <strike>Details 15:49, 28 July 2009     Ragesoss        en.wikipedia.org
>> </strike>
>> Details 14:06, 9 August 2009    Ragesoss        en.wikipedia.org
>>

> Yeah, I noticed this quite a bit also.  If a voter voted more that once, it
> seems like all but their last vote is greyed out usually - only sometimes
> are first votes struck.  Not sure if second/third/etc. votes need to be
> struck just because the user voted again or not, based on that.

What happened with my vote, which Phoebe noticed and brought to both
my and the election committee's attention, is that my first vote was
initially struck out without being superseded.  Phoebe and I
speculated that this might have been because I accessed the voting
page again without casting a second vote (and then, yesterday,
accessed it a third time and voted a second time).

-Sage