[Foundation-l] presentations and marketing @ events

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 19:17:36 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 3:06 AM, Guillaume Paumier<guillom.pom at gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks, Guillom.

>> Is there someplace other than [[Presentations]] and [[Posters]] where
>> people are expected to share new media?
>
> No. But these pages are not publicised a lot.

True.  They need a set of navigation links, for one.

>> [[Marketing]] :  Arne and elian and guillom, call your office :)  this
>> page has helpful links, even if they are out of date. WMDOC for
>> instance... I liked this idea a lot, though it takes a lot of effort
>> for the first edition.   http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WMDOC/matrix
>
> WMDOC is not "out-of-date"; I started it a few weeks ago, but since
> I'm the only person working on these documents, it takes a lot of
> time.

Yes, that's why linked to it.  I mean that some of the links there may
be old, but they are all helpful.

>> Do we have a modern press kit?  I was looking for one the other day...
>> Elian's is still up on meta, but not updated.  That page should be
>> tagged with a link to the current equivalent, or at least marked
>> historical.  Has anyone been working on this sort of effort more
>> recently?
>
> I worked with Sandra Ordonez (the foundation's previous Communications
> Manager) on a new one. When Sandra was replaced by Jay, Jay told me a
> new press kit wasn't his priority. As a consequence, I am working on
> it alone (as part of WMDOC), as a volunteer, and it takes a lot of
> time.

Ah, that rings a bell.  I tied these two subjects together because
every time someone attends an event at a booth or as a speaker, they
have a need for one of those docs, and often work on one (in private).
 If we get more organized about helping people go present, it will
lead to a better WMDOC library.

It's worth pinging the people who have submitted presentations so far.
 I added a few navigation guides to help improve traffic to those
parts of Meta.

Sj