[Foundation-l] How was the "only people who averaged two edits a week in the last six months can vote" rule decided?

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 10:32:22 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Samuel Klein<meta.sj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also...
> *A wiki for book metadata, with an entry for every published work,
> statistics about its use and siblings, and discussion about its
> usefulness as a citation (a collaboration with OpenLibrary, merging
> WikiCite ideas)

Why not just do this in the Wikisource project?

99% percent of "every published work" are free/libre.  Only the last
70 years worth of texts are restricted by copyright, so it doesnt make
sense to build a different project for those works.

i.e. Wikisource could still have a page about a source even if the
text is not present.

But before that is feasible, we need a bigger Wikisource community,
otherwise it will end up as a mess.

--
John Vandenberg