[Foundation-l] [Fwd: Phorm opt-out for Wikipedia.org and related domains]

Brion Vibber brion at wikimedia.org
Thu Apr 16 21:33:44 UTC 2009

After some internal discussion on whether opting out of the Phorm
user-profiling system in the UK would legitimize it, we're going ahead
and requesting an opt-out for all the domains under the Wikimedia
Foundation's control.

For background see eg:
http://www.openrightsgroup.org/2009/03/22/open-letter-call-for-major-websites-to-opt-out-of-phorm/

-- brion vibber (brion @ wikimedia.org)