[Foundation-l] South Korean Government's regulations on real name for Internet

Michael Snow wikipedia at verizon.net
Thu Apr 9 06:04:57 UTC 2009

RYU Cheol wrote:
> Yap, it's silly. But it's happening in Korea.
>
> http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/biz/2009/04/123_42862.html

However, this story indicates that contrary to the earlier report,
Google (specifically YouTube) is *not* implementing such a system. I
don't know their reasons or what legal analysis was involved, and I
hesitate to base my understanding of this law on translated news
reports. But I can't imagine why we would try to block South Koreans
from contributing, whether or not they comply with the requirements
described.

--Michael Snow